Ways to Give at The Howard Gardner School
The HGS community is made up of families, students, teachers and friends. We come together for picnics, receptions, the auction, exhibitions, open houses and more. We want you to be a part of the activities that help us teach children in a way that prepares them for being a part of a larger community, and we welcome your participation in this process.
You enrich our community in many ways - by volunteering at the school, sharing expertise in the classroom and making financial contributions. The following three areas of giving are 100 percent tax deductible and are essential to the sustainability and future growth of The Howard Gardner School. Thank you for all that you do to support HGS.
The Financial Aid Scholarship Fund
The progressive learning experience at The Howard Gardner School is best served when we are open to many cultures and economic backgrounds. While we strive to keep tuition at a reasonable rate, there are families who need financial assistance. HGS provides tuition aid to 40 percent of its families.
The spring auction is our annual event that helps fund financial aid scholarships. Families and friends are invited to an outdoor picnic with a dish to share as their entry fee. Guests enjoy food and drink while participating in a raffle, a silent and live auction and raising their bidder numbers to "Fund A Student."
The Annual Fund
Tuition covers about 80% of the actual cost of providing this type of educational experience. The Annual Fund helps cover the remaining 20%, and help us support our excellent teachers and provide hands-on learning experiences, internships and trips to other parts of the country or abroad to thrive academically, intellectually and emotionally.
How To Give
To make a tax-deductible donation, use the button below. Or, you can mail a check toThe Howard Gardner School, 4913 Franconia Rd, Alexandria, VA 22310, or contact Erick Johnson, our Head of School, about making a donation of stocks or other assets.
The Howard Gardner School is a 501.c.3 nonprofit organization.
Our tax ID number is: 20-0557133